Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hygiene Factors

When if comes to the motivator- hygeiine theory of job satisfaction there are two different theories to why people are/are not satisfied with their companies. I feel that hygiene factors are a bigger influence and predictor of job satisfaction today than the motivators are. Because the economy today is not the greatest, I feel that more people will be satisfied with a job that isn't terrible, where they can at least get by on a day to day basis. If anything I feel that higher level job positions will care more about the motivators. These are the type of people who want more stimulating work, responsibility, and achievement. The rest of the population wants their paychecks or just a job to keep them on their feet, and if happen to have a supervisor that they get along with and an okay salary, well then thats fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you have to say. With the way things are these days its disappointing that people have to work at lower skill level jobs or jobs that aren't their "first choice" I do disagree with the part where you said people are satisfied with a job that isn't terrible. I wouldn't use the word satisfied. I would say that they put up with their job. Satisfied implies they are receiving some sort of satisfaction which in my mind has a positive connotation.

    ReplyDelete