Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Truths behind "goates bucks" exercise revealed

Well I for one was able to gain a little insight about this exercise after last class. I now know that while I was running around trying to complete the task at hand, I had missed our on a few key events that took place. First, although this did not effect me personally, was the fact that the bottom group had assigned areas in the basement. I am sorry for the groups that were somewhat secluded from the entire exercise. I probably would have just left if I were in that position.
One major part of the exercise that I had no knowledge of was the fact that anybody could talk with the group purchasing the slogans. I really thought that only the top group could communicate with them, which would have really made the exercise difficult. I guess from the perspective of the top group that it was smart for them to tell the purchasing group they had to go through them. Also, I totally missed when they came to the basement to tell people that they were willing to buy slogans directly from the lower groups. I think I was in the computer lab with my group by this point.
Luckily I went up to the classroom just in time to sell a  few of our slogans and collect what was left of the goat bucks, just before the end of class. I was mad that a lot of the group before me had sold almost of all their slogans before I go the chance to show mine. If I would have known this I definitely would have just had my team write a bunch down and went up to sell them first. I guess I can't really complain though because at the end we all got at least some extra credit, whereas some people had none.

No comments:

Post a Comment